Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I'm Loud and Proud


This weekend, Ross biked 101 miles to raise money for cancer with the Patrick Dempsey Challenge. Evidently, Dempsey rides, too, and stops to take pictures with the participants, etc. At any rate, along with his 2 best friends, Ross finished the miles. Way to ride, Ross!

And in other family news, Naomi walked all by herself, without holding on, last weekend! We went to the car museum in Volo, Illinois (yes, Virginia, there IS a Volo, Illinois) and the kids had a great time. When I was four, I would have hated this place! Cars? I don't know the difference between a Bentley and a Rolls Royce - and until I went to Volo, Il, I don't think I'd ever actually seen either one up close. Point is, I don't honestly care much about cars - or know anything about them. (If it doesn't start when I turn the key, it must be broken. That's what I know about cars.) Anyway, this place has 4 big warehouses FULL of cars. Mostly from the 50's and 60's, but also from movies and tv shows. They have the DeLorean from "Back to the Future" and some other stuff. Anyway, the kids loved it....they liked 'driving' the Flintsone's car:

And shortly after this next picture was taken, Naomi just stood up and walked about 5 feet, shocking the heck out of all of us:

1 comment:

  1. Yay Ross!!!

    Naomi looks so grown up! Sounds like a great trip. I miss them all

    ReplyDelete