Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy birthday, USA!

July 4tg, of course, is not a holiday up here, so I can get all the routine stuff done here in Port McNeill. Six enormous loads of laundry done...now I'm $35 poorer but I have no smelly, fishy clothes on Nellie. Yay!

We ate the first ofBobs ling cod last night - really, really good. Tonight we may have to enjoy some of the 24 prawns we got yesterday morning. Mmmmm, coconut or scampi? Decisions, decisipns.

The plan was not originally to return  here, but we needed water and we realized that our macerator wasn't working....so we came to the only pump out we know of. We think we've gotten it working, but Bob will be spending a few hours making sure....if it isn't, we'll just head for home from here. We'll have to find pump outs every 3 or 4 days. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm not ready to leave the Broughtons yet.....I enjoy the quiet so much, and there are all those PEOPLE in Desolation Sound ( which begs the question: why the heck is it called that when it is anything but desolate?)....that said, I'm kind of enjoying being in an actual town today....there's a car show ( they've got 3 cars and a pickup, eh) and I'm writing this in Mugz coffee shop....good coffee if you like dark roast (which I certainly do) , and then I'm going to the drug store for Afterbite, since I forgot it and I'm being eaten alive by deer flies and Mosquitos. Maybe a quick trip to the IGA for real eggs....

Other than a suspicious sewage system, Nellie is running just fine. We continue to look at all the big boats up here....at 40 feet, we don't usually feel like the " little boat" on the dock, but at Jennis Bay after Steppe & Mary left, the other boats were all over 58 feet.....the guy behind us on the dock was 64' and he had brought it up from New Zealand. (!)

No pictures today....maybe I'll go over to the car show.....

No comments:

Post a Comment