Friday, December 23, 2016

December 23 - in the heart of Chicago!

We’re finally here, settled in and ready for Christmas Eve with Becky and the grandkids. This is the first time we’ve been with Miles and Naomi when they opened presents, so it’s a special year for us. Then, to add to an already special day, I get to spend Christmas afternoon with my sister – the first time in about 50 years that we’ve been together on the holiday.

My knitting buddies all know that I brought lots and lots of yarn and patterns with me – can’t NOT knit, can I? While we were driving, I began a pair of Norwegian mittens. I’ve wanted to make something like this for a long time, but the constant switching of yarns put me off – it just looked like it would take a really long time. So, I figured out that if I keep one yarn in one hand and one in the other, I could maybe speed up the process. Hey, it works! It took me a couple of days to get the feeling right – and I’m still pretty slow with my right hand, but I did it! I’m proud of myself….so stranded colorwork isn’t such a time-consuming thing after all. J Here is the (almost) finished mitten: not quite finished because the thumb isn’t done – but it’ll be ready for Christmas!


I won’t blog now for a few days – we’ll be busy with the family and making some new memories.

Happy Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment