Sunday, October 4, 2009

October 4

Today was the Maine Marathon (cue the "Rocky" theme).....Ross did well. He ran the 13.1 miles in 1 hour 54 minutes. That meets his time from the Chicago Rock n Roll Marathon, so he was satisfied. We managed to position ourselves so that we could see him finish. Philip and Zakia and I yelled "Go, Daddy, Go!" as he passed us toward the finish line. Unfortunately he was listening to Michael Jackson's "Criminal" at the time and didn't hear us.


Great run, Ross!!

Friday we visited a dairy farm and played on their cool toys.....Laila liked the baby goats and Philip liked feeding the ducks. Bob liked the mocha chip ice cream.

Cool toys!

You've gotta love these baby goats!

I learned something today. You can get your hair cut at Wal Mart for $14.95. That gets you a haircut, a shampoo, a whole lotta STUFF in your hair, and a Marge Simpson "do." On the bright side, my hair is no longer in my eyes, and I'm pretty sure most of the stuff will wash out. (Zakia wanted to put a picture of my "do" on this blog, but she'll have to take up blogging herself to do it.)

Bob loaded Streets and Trips on our little notebook computer, and it works as well as the GPS did, so we're all set for the trip back home.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I admit it. "Smooth Criminal" is on my Running playlist. Annie, are you okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job, Ross! Despite your choice of music, I applaud you!!!

    ReplyDelete