Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday, October 11

Fall has definitely arrived here in Maine. The trees around Ross' house are magnificent. I think the sugar maples are the trees that get the prettiest - and, of course, we don't have sugar maples at home. I suppose that's why we don't get the different colors....at any rate, it's cold enough at night now that the leaves are really bright red and orange. Just beautiful. I think we'll probably consider this the ideal time to visit Ross and his family from now on (not including baby watch next spring).

We'll take off on Tuesday morning early and head back to Chicago, stopping for the night in Buffalo, NY. I'm hoping that we can find the same wine that we bought there on the way out here. It was really good, and I'd sure like to take a few bottles home with me!

Bob is really ready to be home with Nellie....he's jealous of the time that Step is spending working on Saratoga Sue. He's also envious of the class that Step is taking at the college.

It may be difficult to leave the kids - it's been great getting to know them better - but we're both ready to be home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment