Monday, February 13, 2017

Snow here, snow there....snow everywhere!

Amid the blizzard of 2017…We have read the snow reports of the big snowstorm in Western Washington….up to 10 inches in some places. I was really impressed (but not all that sorry to miss it) until last night. Here, in Scarborough, Maine, we are under a blizzard watch. (I’m not at all sure what the difference is between a “Storm Watch” and a “Blizzard Watch.” I think it’s the wind speed.) So, just to make you feel better about your 6-8 inches, here are a few pictures of our morning so far…the second pic is of the patio. I guess we won't be sitting around the fire pit any time soon....that's the lump on the right. As you can see, the snow is up to the seats of the chairs, in a protected spot, so no drifting.



This picture is of the truck when we first got here….and the truck this morning.


I do like snowy Maine, but I’m happier when I am inside, taking the pictures. Taking a walk (2 times round the block is .8 of a mile) is more work in heavy boots, hats, two pairs of gloves and down….and freezing legs because I didn’t bring any long underwear. (Yes, a little cheese with my whine, please.)


We’ll be leaving Maine on the 22 or 23, providing the snowstorm has passed. Right now, they are predicting snow every day until Monday, which gives it 2 days to melt off the roads……….we’ll see. We must be in Chicago by March 3, since we are babysitting for 3 days while Rebecca goes through some more training classes (good to get a few more letters behind her name).

No comments:

Post a Comment