Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Hey, from Maine!

Hello from snowy Maine! 

We spent Saturday night in East Greenbush, New York. I do not recommend East Greenbush. For anything. Lousy motel (it was clean, but that’s about it) and the only food around was pretty awful. We left about 6:30 Sunday morning and within 15 minutes we were in Massachusetts on the Mass Pike – they have given/sold their traveling souls to Ray Kroc. Every single travel service station had McDonald’s – but no Starbucks. Sigh. Naturally, there was a Dunkin Donuts at each station, but I really, really dislike DD’s coffee.

The tollways in Massachusetts were nice, but not as good as Ohio’s. Maine’s turnpike is decent – very few potholes, but I think they learned signage from the Washington DOT….Their signs are almost as bad as the road signs in Seattle. Unless you already know how to get somewhere, good luck finding your way.

We arrived here in Scarborough about noon on Sunday, in time to watch the Pack get eaten alive by the Atlanta Falcons….but also in time to see the Steelers lose. Now we have a conundrum. Here we are, in New England, and we don’t really have a rooting interest in either team. I think I’m going to have to root for the Falcons – if for no other reason than everyone else around here will be flying No. 12 Brady flags….(they really don’t understand Ross’ No. 12 flag – wrong color blue). So, Go, Falcons!


Good thing I posted a picture of the Norwegian mittens – I was going to show them to you (all my knitting buddies) when we got home, but they have been appropriated by Laila. They fit her just fine….but now I am committed to making Jocelyn a pair. Fortunately, my daughter-in-law has discovered a new knit shop in Portland, so we’ll be going to town as soon as the kids are back in school (they are enjoying a “snow day” today).

No comments:

Post a Comment