Saturday, June 11, 2011

Deja Vu - Same boat, same bridge, same quilt......

The first time I went under the Tacoma Narrows bridge was in 2005. We had Lynne and Roy Kuch on board with us, and Lynne and I sat on the aft deck, stitching quilt squares. (Lynne's quilt has probably been in use for the past 6 years.) Today, as we went under the bridge, I sat here sewing quilt squares for THE SAME QUILT. Hmmmmm. Here's a shot of the Tacoma Narrows bridge from a different perspective than you're probably used to:


I blogged from Olympia, but it didn't post to the site - I was using the Port of Olympia's connection - guess I got censored. It must've been something I said. :)

We have never stayed in Tacoma before. We're at the Dock Street Marina, which was voted the Best Marina of the Year in 2009. It's pretty snazzy, as marinas go. Free showers - all the hot water you need! Plus, we got a pretty nifty messenger bag with a go-cup....okay, they gave us ONE go-cup. I guess it's for the captain - I may go up and see if they'll sell me another one. After all, the crew does as much work as the captain, why shouldn't I get a cup, too???? (I have no idea what I'd put in one, since it doesn't look like it's a thermal mug, so coffee's going to get cold anyway, but that's not the point....)


This is the Dock Street Marina - pretty tight quarters (it'll be fun getting out of here if the wind's blowing!)....we're directly in front of the Chihuly Glass Bridge and the Glass Museum....and here's where we're eating dinner tonight:



We'll be here tomorrow night, too, and then head to Blake Island on Monday. Then, it's Shilshole on Tuesday and home on Wednesday.....then a quick trip to Carla's to get all this hair cut off my head! :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great time. When are you in Poulsbo again?

    ReplyDelete