Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Port of Everett

We left Oak Harbor this morning, the first day of my 66th year, around 9, after pumping out....kind of dreary and gray, but not very cold. The weather turned nasty about 2/3 of the way down Whidbey Island - a cold, steady rain. Just enough rain to get me good and wet while I set out fenders and lines. As soon as we docked here in Everett, the rain stopped and it got warm. With any luck my sweatshirt will be dry by tomorrow morning.

Boy, Everett Yacht Basin has really changed since we moored Nellie here. Even Scuttlebutt Brewery has a new home - big fancy restaurant instead of the 5 card tables in the front of the brewery. We ate a lot of dinners on those card tables back when Bob was living aboard!

No pictures today - not only was it gray and dismal, our "new" (purchased in 09) camera doesn't work. Sigh. Just give me my Brownie back.

Tomorrow it's on to Poulsbo! We had happy hour on board Sapphire with the Huletts - ummm, Terri and Ken have set the happy hour bar very high. I will need to get to a fancy store tomorrow (or call a caterer) to even get halfway as good a spread as they put on. The good news is that we don't have to eat dinner since Terri's appys were so plentiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment