Thursday, September 24, 2009

Lobster night

YUM. We cooked fresh lobster tonight for dinner. Takes a lot longer than crab to cook. Not as delicate as crab, but then, these bad boys weighed in at about 3 pounds! Philip ate his entire lobster with no help, thank you very much. This little boy is definitely a Down Easter!



You don't really need anything else but lobster - Ross and I couldn't decide which one was biggest........




As a foodie, I'd say that lobster is much meatier than crab. It could hold its own with a strong sauce, even a curry, whereas crab would just get lost in something too spicy. It's delicious, though. For us west-coasters, it's so different from crab that it's a real treat (just as Dungeness is a treat for our East Coast family). My deal with Ross is this: I feed him crab when he comes to Seattle, he feeds me lobster when I come to Maine. A good deal for both of us!!

I'm looking forward to eating more lobster when we're in Massachusetts next week.

2 comments:

  1. you know that lobsters are in the cockroach family, right? Ah, I'd eat 'em too. Sounds delish. Great picture of Philip - he is just the cutest kid ever.

    Mom, you look so skinny! You need more lobster!

    ReplyDelete