Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wednesday - 1500 miles from home

As I was walking that ribbon of highway,
I saw above me the endless skyway.
I saw below me the golden valley.
This land belongs to you and me.
- Woody Guthrie*

* this is a guess - it just sounds like something he wrote.

Another long day....central and eastern Montana are really something. We've never driven this particular highway before, and we really enjoyed it. It's a two-lane road, 70 mph, but there are no other cars on the road. Miles and miles of nothing, as far as you can see. Western North Dakota is so different from South Dakota - except for the black hills - those are pretty similar. You have to love that 75mph through these two states!

They take these things seriously in North Dakota! Be an AMERICAN!!

North Dakota has great signs:


For God's sake, PLEASE be polite and kind! (especially to me)

My brain is fried....yesterday’s post didn’t publish until today, so you’ll need to scroll down to read yesterday’s. Sorry about that.

On to Chicago! We should arrive at Becky's office around 3:30 tomorrow afternoon. Naomi's surgery is on Friday, so we won't see her until afterwards. She's doing pretty well, for a scared 4-year-old. She's doing better than I would be, facing a body cast for the next 2 months.....Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment